The Aimpoint® Acro P-2 is the next generation of the ACRO series of sights – Aimpoint’s family of optics dedicated to stand up to the extreme abuse of a semi-automatic pistol slide. Featuring the best in class closed emitter system, the ultra-compact Acro P-2™ incorporates the CR2032 battery allowing the sights to achieve 5 years of constant-on use. Aimpoint revolutionized red dot pistol optics as the creator of the first closed optical channel sight – establishing a new category of pistol optics.
- The Acro P-2 is designed to fit the standard CR2032 battery found easily around the world. The power cell of this battery can produce over 5 years (50,000 hours) of constant-on use from a single battery. Paired with an advanced LED, the Acro P-2 will be always ready, always on for over 5 years.
- The fully enclosed design of the Acro P-2 seals the electronic components safely within the body of the sight and is submersible to 35 m (115 feet). The battery is also sealed within the optic. It is accessible through a sealed access port on the left side of the (7075-T6) high strength aluminum frame. The ability to change batteries without removing the sight from the pistol is critical for professional use. In an operational environment that requires life-saving accuracy, removal of any optic from any weapon system demands re-zeroing or confirmation at a minimum. Any optic that requires removal for such simple maintenance is not appropriate for the demands of modern duty use.
Related Videos: At the Range: Red Dot Sights 101
- The fully enclosed optical channel makes it impossible for rain, mud, dust, sand, snow, or any other environmental contaminants to interfere in the path between the LED emitter and the reflective lens. Blocking this optical signal can render open format electronic sights completely useless. In that event, the absence of the dot causes the user to shift problem solving focus away from the threat, no matter how simple the fix. When your life and the life of others depends on your gear: failure is not an option – demand the best, don’t settle for anything less.
- The efficient electronics built into the Acro P-2 allow the sight to be left on without shutting off for up to five years (50,000 hours) in position 6 of 10. The optic powers on at setting 7 of 10. This sight does not rely on automatic shutoffs, “ambient light adjustments,” or radioactive materials to provide extended performance. The Acro P-2 is simply always on…and ready. Semper Paratus.
- The Acro P-2 sight housing provides a three-dimensional orientation that offers reference for the shooter to quickly align the sight on target, developing a near effortless aiming solution. This allows the operator to acquire the dot and place an accurate shot on target significantly faster and with less cognitive effort than possible with open format electronic sights or irons. The learning curve for new users is also much faster, and shooters who have previously failed to qualify often find their performance greatly improved.
- The Acro P-2 provides hardened front and rear glass lenses to protect the vital reflective front lens and LED emitter. The flush-mounted protective front lens allows any contaminants to be quickly cleared from the sight (though if the target can still be seen with the other eye it is often not necessary). The dot, and therefore the aiming solution, remains available to the user. It is important to note that the sight remains completely operational even if this protective lens were to be completely shattered.
- The Acro P-2 offers high-definition optical performance that you can see. There is no “blue” coloration in the sight image, and no magnified optical distortion caused by inferior lenses and coatings. The operationally parallax-free performance of the Acro lens system means that where the dot is placed is where a zeroed shot will hit the target. No centering of the dot in the lens picture is required, simply place the dot on the appropriate target area and fire.
- The Acro P-2 was tested to withstand extreme shock, vibration, temperature changes, and material stress far in excess of typical duty requirements. Part of this testing was firing over 20,000 rounds while mounted on a .40 S&W caliber pistol slide generating 7,400 Gs of force. The .40 S&W is nearly double the G-Force level of the standard .9 mm caliber (3,00 to 4,000 Gs). The Acro P-2 is designed to survive and remain ready past the most brutal punishment a duty, semi-automatic pistol can inflict. The robust (7075-T6) aluminum housing can be used to manipulate the pistol slide against a table or door frame or any other surface in an emergency – this is something you would not want to attempt with lesser sights. The role of a pistol mounted optic is to deliver and protect the dot so the user can concentrate on target area decision making. This is part of being “Always Ready, Always On.”
- One of the most significant advantages of the ACRO series of sights is its thoughtful interface with the person deploying it. Many of the design and build features work exceptionally well with the “human interface.” These are advantages that redefine the state of the art and innovate toward the simple solution rather than the complex compromise required by sights built with less emphasis on the user. Aimpoint has employed some of the most technologically advanced engineering to design and build a sight that makes few, if any demands of the user. The Acro P-2 is simple, reliable, durable, Always ready, Always on… and simply the best available.
- In addition to use as a primary optic on handguns, the Acro P-2 can be mounted on carbines, shotguns, and rifles or utilized as a backup sight on magnified scopes and thermal imagers. The Acro P-2 sight can be mounted on a wide range of optics-ready handguns using adapter plates sold separately on the Official Aimpoint webstore (aimpoint.us) and through an Authorized Aimpoint Dealer.