New Shotgun: The SL3 Platform from Beretta
Beretta’s new line of premium shotguns, the SL3, combines the finest Beretta technology available from their various product families. The SL3 platforms boasts outstanding performance in the field and aesthetic beauty.
To watch the reveal live, follow @berettaofficial on Instagram Stories, Friday 9 March, 1:00pm GMT.
Related Videos: [Video] 4 Must-See New Shotguns Introduced for 2018
The new SL3 platform is an elegant and reliable boxlock system engineered to provide the best performance in the field and to withstand intensive use.
- Featuring a design unique to Beretta, the SL3 action offers the perfect action/barrel locking system, increasing the robustness and rigidity of the platform. The barrels are anchored at three separate points; hinge pins, lower hooks and locking pins. The opening and closing of the gun will remain smooth and effortless over time and no matter how much use.
- Firing Mechanism: Fast, crisp trigger pulls thanks to the hammer leaf spring.
- Newly designed Ejectors: Even more reliable and easier to inspect and clean.
- Optima Bore HP Barrels: Made of exclusive tri-alloy Beretta Steel (Ni, Cr, Mo), the barrel profile has been specifically designed to provide excellent patterns with every type of shot: lead, steel and other lead alternatives.
Related Stories: Home Defense Shotguns: What You Need to Know
Design and Aesthetics
- The rounded and fluid design of the SL3 receiver emphasizes the flowing profile of the gun, enhancing its look while improving target acquisition.
- The unique shape of the top lever matches the elegant lines of the top of the receiver.
- A new trigger guard design gives the SL3 a contemporary look.
- The pistol grip is comfortable in the hand with a firm hold provided by the hand checkering.
- The stock and forend are made from high grade selected walnut wood and are matte oil finished.
You can choose from three different engravings designed by Beretta’s Master Engravers:
- A renaissance style ornamental motif with rich bass relief.
- A game scene featuring pheasants on the left, ducks on the right and a partridge on the underside. The ideal game shooting scene for a 12 gauge field, over and under.
- A fine English scroll engraving for a stunning traditional look.
The SL3 is also available in a mirror polished version, requiring hours of hand polishing on every surface. The result is a striking, contemporary look which emphasizes the refined design of this shotgun.
Related Stories: 10 Cool Gear & Gun Picks from SHOT Show 2018
The SL3 is the first Beretta shotgun provided with a new dedicated gun case entirely handmade in our new Custom Gun Case Atelier.
- Buckles take inspiration from the SL3 receiver’s profile
- Case locks designed and crafted with the Pietro Beretta logo shield in mind
- Blue cotton canvas external fabric and contrasting rich red lining
- Ergonomics of the leather handle makes for comfortable carry
- All cleaning accessories are at hand in a removable, leather pouch
For more information, visit: www.beretta.com