Always a hot topic! What are the BEST deer cartridges out there?
Josh Kinser, Marketing Director at Big & J and Swagger Bipods sits down with Brian McCombie, Outdoor Writer and Field Editor for American Hunter Magazine, to debate their top picks for best deer rounds. If you stick around for the end, you’ll also get their pick for WORST deer round.
Related Videos: At The Ranch – Whitetail: Deer Vision 101
3. .308 – Various grain choices, & readily available. A lot of stopping power.
2. .25-06 – Kick is minimal. “Killability”. Flat shooting round.
1. 6.5 Creedmoor – Readily available, many loads to choose from. Confident round, “killability”.
Related Videos: In The Hunt – Whitetail Hunt Prep
3. .243 Winchester – Powerful, minimal recoil, accurate and plenty of ammo options. Has used on various game from Whitetail to hogs with majority one-shot kills.
2. .308 – Very versatile round for many species. Decent recoil.
1. 6.5 Creedmoor – Lives up to the hype! Flat shooter. Very versatile, dependable at long range.
What’s the LEAST favored deer round? Watch to the end to find out!
What do you think are the best deer cartridges? Comment below!
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.