Best Deer Cartridges: Our Top Picks for 2019
Always a hot topic! What are the BEST deer cartridges out there?
Josh Kinser, Marketing Director at Big & J and Swagger Bipods sits down with Brian McCombie, Outdoor Writer and Field Editor for American Hunter Magazine, to debate their top picks for best deer rounds. If you stick around for the end, you’ll also get their pick for WORST deer round.
Related Videos: At The Ranch – Whitetail: Deer Vision 101
Best Deer Cartridges – Josh’s Picks:
3. .308 – Various grain choices, & readily available. A lot of stopping power.
2. .25-06 – Kick is minimal. “Killability”. Flat shooting round.
1. 6.5 Creedmoor – Readily available, many loads to choose from. Confident round, “killability”.
Related Videos: In The Hunt – Whitetail Hunt Prep
Best Deer Cartridges – Brian’s Picks:
3. .243 Winchester – Powerful, minimal recoil, accurate and plenty of ammo options. Has used on various game from Whitetail to hogs with majority one-shot kills.
2. .308 – Very versatile round for many species. Decent recoil.
1. 6.5 Creedmoor – Lives up to the hype! Flat shooter. Very versatile, dependable at long range.
What’s the LEAST favored deer round? Watch to the end to find out!
What do you think are the best deer cartridges? Comment below!