With their patented Low-Profile Optics Mounting System and unparalleled modularity of the FN 509 platform, the FN 509 Compact MRD joins the ranks packing a full-size punch in a compact, optics-ready package. The FN 509 Compact pistol is 9mm and striker-fired with 3.7-inch barrel, standard 12+1 capacity and the capability to accept all higher capacity FN 509 magazines. The patented FN Low-Profile Optics Mounting System accepts nearly all commercially available miniature red dot optics and features blackout iron sights that co-witness. The improved controls aid in manipulation, the new improved texturing on the two included backstraps provides better recoil management, and a new flatter faced trigger allows for more controllable trigger press and cleaner break.
- CALIBER: 9mm
- OPERATION: Double-action
- MAG CAPACITY: 10 or 12/15 Rd.
- WEIGHT: 25.5 oz.
- BARREL LENGTH: 3.7″
- OVERALL LENGTH: 6.8″
- TWIST RATE: 1:10″ RH
- HEIGHT: 5.2″ / 4.8″
- WIDTH: 1.35″
- TRIGGER PULL: 5.5 – 7.5 lb.
- SIGHT RADIUS: 5.6″
- Full-sized performance in a concealed carry package
- Strike-fired autoloader
- Double-action operation
- Fully ambidextrous controls
- FN Low Profile Optics Mounting System with plate adapters for direct mounting of more than 10 optics
- All-back co-witness iron sights
- Easily racked, combat-style sights
- External extractor; loaded chamber indicator
- Improved front and rear cocking serrations
Related from SHOT Show 2020: New Diamondback Firearms DBX57BGFB – SHOT Show 2020