GLOCK Inc. has just released the Glock 5th Generation pistols, G19 Gen5 & G17 Gen5, featuring over 20 design updates to distinguish them from their Gen4 predecessors.
Among the design changes are 5 key features:
- The GLOCK Marksman Barrel (GMB) utilizes new barrel rifling to deliver improved accuracy
- The removal of the finger grooves and
- An added ambidextrous slide stop delivers improved control and flexibility
- The nDLC finish is a tougher and more durable finish that is exclusive to the GLOCK manufacturing process
- Introduction of a flared mag-well increases performance by making it easier to funnel the magazine into the mag-well, particularly in high-stress situations
Related Stories: New Gear: Grey Ghost Precision GLOCK® Slides
The Gen5 pistols are a variation of the M pistol used by the FBI. Through rigorous testing and development, GLOCK has combined the historical reliability and trust in the brand with precisely engineered design changes to meet the demand of consumers world-wide.
Related Stories: New underwater Glock attachment lets you ‘go fish’ with a 9mm
“The development of our Gen5 pistols was the result of the constant pursuit of perfection and a desire to meet the requests of the consumer market,” said GLOCK, Inc. VP Josh Dorsey. “We have combined the standards of high-level performance and reliability with distinctive design enhancements to improve durability, accuracy, and performance. The benefits enhance the shooter experience at the range and in high-stress situations where fractions of a second matter.”
For more information about the new generation of GLOCK pistols, visit us.glock.com/Gen5.