New Products from Hornady – SHOT Show 2020
Hornady Subsonic Ammunition — designed for accuracy and performance below the speed of sound — now comes in both rifle and handgun loads.
Subsonic Handgun utilizes tried-and-true XTP® bullets that expand reliably at subsonic velocities. The Sub-X bullet used in Subsonic Rifle features a lead core. Long grooves in its gilding metal jacket combine with the bullet’s flat profile and the patented Flex Tip® insert within its hollowpoint cavity to help it expand reliably at low velocities.
- Performance of 300 Blackout Subsonic meets or exceeds FBI Protocol terminal ballistic test requirements. The XTP® bullet in Subsonic Handgun has built a world-class reputation for accuracy and stopping power.
- Hornady Subsonic Ammunition doesn’t have the loud report of a supersonic round, and paired with a suppressor, it’s even quieter. Unique powders optimized for subsonic use result in a low flash signature, ideal for either suppressed or unsuppressed performance.
- With high-quality cartridge cases and primers, Subsonic Ammunition offers the performance and accuracy shooters have come to expect from Hornady.
New Rifle ammunition cartridges include the 30-30 Winchester, 450 Bushmaster and 45-70 Government (1895 Marlin). New Handgun ammunition cartridges include 9mm Luger, 40 Smith & Wesson and 45 Automatic.
Years of research and testing by the Hornady Ballistic Development Group, combined with advanced manufacturing processes and quality control measures have led to the creation of the ultimate low drag, high performance match bullet.
- Aluminum tip is precision machined and longer than polymer tips which moves the center of gravity and enhances inflight stability.
- Aeroballistically advanced tip design results in tighter groups and reduced drag variability.
- Perfect blend of ogive, tip length, bearing surface and optimized boattail by caliber.
- Doppler radar verified low drag coefficient (high BC) bullets are forgiving of twist rate, seating depth and muzzle velocity.
- Refined design of the AMP® bullet jacket offers industry leading uniformity and concentricity.
- Right off the press – sequentially packaged, one clone after another for the ultimate in consistent performance.
- Minimal handling throughout the manufacturing process ensures consistency from bullet to bullet.
- Packaged with a polishing bag to prepare bullets for loading (bullets aren’t bulk washed after manufacture).
New Rifle bullet calibers include: 22 CAL .224″, 7MM .284″ in 166gr or 190gr, 30 CAL .308″ in 176gr, 338 CAL .338″, 375 CAL .375″ and 416 CAL .416″.
Hornady introduces the perfect bedside companion. The RAPiD® Safe Night Guard™ keeps your handgun as close as your nightstand. RFID technology offers the quickest, most dependable access to your firearm while providing unmatched security from unauthorized users. Plus, the Night Guard™ offers the additional functionality of a clock and USB charging ports.
- Fast and dependable touch-free entry. Patented RFID technology unlocks safes faster than keypads and biometrics. Four included RFID tags can be selectively programmed to open this safe and any other RAPiD® Safe you own.
- Discreet display panel and spring-assist drawer. Tempered glass front panel elegantly contains the RFID reader, clock display, and access code keypad. Spring-assist drawer quietly slides open to reveal a padded interior. Accommodates most full-sized handguns and/or valuables.
- One USB-A and one USB-C port provide convenient charging for cellphones or other devices.
- Heavy-duty, tamper-proof construction. Designed to exceed the toughest industry standards for firearm storage with a heavy duty exterior housing and hardened interior locking lugs.
- Multiple entry methods include a RFID reader, user programmed access code, and mechanical key offer a variety of methods to unlock the RAPiD® Night Guard™.
- AC and battery power ensure your guns and other valuables are protected and ready 24/7.
- Easy to install. Protect your safe from theft with the included 1,500-pound-rated security cable or use the pre-drilled mounting holes to secure your RAPiD® Night Guard™ to a stationary object.
- Exterior Dimensions: 3″H x 12″W x 10.5″D
- Interior Dimensions: 2.2″H x 9.2″W x 6.9″D
- Weight: 18 lbs
- Power: 12V 1.0A or four (4) AA batteries (not included)