New MPA Matrix Rifle from MasterPiece Arms
MasterPiece Arms (MPA), manufacturers of the MPA BA Rifles and Chassis Systems, introduces its newest rifle addition: the MPA Matrix Rifle. This rifle uses the recently released MPA Matrix Chassis and is available in a wide variety of calibers, actions, and other customized configurations. The Matrix Chassis provides a multitude of configurations in grips, thumb rests and trigger finger support options. The primary interface between the shooter and the rifle (the grip) has over 100 different variations.
Finished rifle weight will vary depending on the customer’s selected barrel length and profile. The MPA Matrix Rifle serves a variety of applications including PRS/NRL, F-Class Open and other long-range precision applications. MPA can fine-tune the build to the user’s specific needs. From caliber selection, barrel length, contour, twist rate, and chassis finishing, MPA can design a rifle to meet any competitor’s long-range precision application.
Related Stories: MasterPiece Arms Limited Edition MPA935DMG-LTD9mm – GetZone.Com
MPA has developed a hand measurement chart for the MPA Matrix Chassis to help identify which grip configuration may work best for each individual shooter. Additionally, the location of the shooter’s hand, closer to the bore of the rifle, provides even more variation in how the shooter can set up the rifle. The MPA Matrix Chassis features five different grip options (three swept and two vertical), three different thumb rest designs and four different trigger finger supports options. It also has M-LOK slots along the side of the chassis forend and barricade stop holes along the bottom of the forend. The forend of the chassis is the same length as the MPA ESR Chassis, making it two inches longer than the standard BA or BA Competition Chassis.
The MPA Matrix Chassis is machined on MPA’s CNC Horizontal Machining Centers to exacting tolerances from 6061 aluminum. The chassis also includes a built-in inclinometer, thumb notch, night vision bridge, and V4 spigot mount. It is compatible with the R.A.T. system and user locatable barricade stop system. The MPA produced buttstock comes with an adjustable cheek riser and length of pull. The v-bedding system provides additional clearance for glass bedding action and straight section of the barrel if desired. The rifle also features an MPA DN3 Premium Muzzle Brake and comes with a 10 round AICS compatible magazine.
The MPA Matrix Rifle includes a precision gun drilled, reamed and honed Spencer/MPA 416RQ Stainless Steel Hand Lapped Barrel. The barrel is pull button rifled and the chamber is indicated within 0.0001” or less to the bore of the rifle.
MPA Matrix Rifle Specifications:
- Caliber: Customer’s Choice – 6BR, 6BRA, 6 Dasher, 6XC, 6GT, 6 x 47 Lapua, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 x 47 Lapua, 6.5 PRC, 308 Win, 300 Win Mag, 300PRC, 300 Norma, 338 Lapua. If your preferred caliber is not on this list, please contact MPA directly.
- Action: Customer’s Choice – Curtis Custom Axiom, Vector, Impact 737 Short or Long, Defiance Deviant, Big Horn TL3, Stiller TAC Series, Kelbly Atlas Tactical
- Action/Bolt Design: Remington 700 Type
- Bolt: One-piece bolt with spiral fluting
- Chassis: MPA Matrix Chassis
- Chassis Weight: 6.2 lbs.
- Rifle Weight: Depends on Barrel Length and Profile
- Barrel: Spencer/MPA 416RQ Stainless Steel Rifle Barrel
- Barrel Twist: Depends on Caliber and Bullet Weight
- Barrel Length: Customer’s Choice
- Barrel Muzzle Thread: 5/8-24 TPI or ¾-24
- Barrel Profile: Customer’s Choice
- Front Bridge: Removable (Included)
- Coating: Cerakote
- Length of Pull: 13.5 – 15 in. (shorter LOP can be achieved)
- Trigger: Customer’s Choice – Trigger Tech Special, Diamond, Timney HIT
- Trigger Pull: 4 oz. – 3 lbs.
- Magazine: AICS Type Magazine
- Left Hand/Right Hand: Both
- Night Vision Bridge: Standard Bridge/Standard Rail, Enhanced Bridge/Enhanced Bridge Length Rail
- MSRP: $3,650 – $4,050
The MPA Matrix Chassis is available in eight standard Cerakote® colors, including Graphite Black, Flat Dark Earth, Burnt Bronze, Tungsten, Gunmetal, Sniper Green, NRA Blue, and USMC Red. Custom Cerakote colors are an additional $135 for the chassis body and $65 for the barreled action. Contact MPA to find out all the custom colors that are available.
MPA makes every effort to get the product to the customer as quickly as possible. These are hand-built precision instruments and not production components. To see MPA’s latest delivery and lead times for all Bolt Action Rifles and Chassis, visit https://masterpiecearms.com/bolt-action-rifle-and-chassis-current-delivery-times/.
For more information on MasterPiece Arms and their product line of rifles, chassis systems, and accessories, visit www.masterpiecearms.com.