Last Updated: 12/1/2021
Types of Information Collected
GetZone.com collects consumer data, opinions and related information in order to:
- Understand the habits of our consumers in order to provide them with appropriate information and offers;
- Assist affiliated companies or partners in marketing products and presenting new offers;
- Send consumers information about our Website and newsletters;
- Provide You with information about the products, services and publications we offer;
- Provide You with a more personalized service;
- Conduct market research;
- Pass on to selected partners or affiliates in compliance with applicable law, to provide You with offers and promotions;
- Help other companies profile and extend their databases;
- Facilitate communication between You and other users.
GetZone.com uses TrySERA remarketing software. TrySERA represents and warrants that the personal information provided to Customer pursuant to the term of this Agreement has been collected, maintained and stored in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws, including CAN-SPAM regulations. All of its data comes from 12,000+ co-registration sites and includes all opt-in data and that data allows for 3rd party offers.
We may collect the following types of information:
- Identification Information, such as first name, last name, Social Media profile, username, gender;
- Contact Information, such as postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers. A postal address is required to send You samples, coupons and other offers via mail. Offers may also be sent via electronic media, including email and SMS;
- Survey/Questionnaire Information: Information You share with GetZone.com directly, through entering Sweepstakes, responding to survey questions or qualification questionnaires including hobbies & interests, health and wellness, demographic, preferences and priories etc., or in the event that in the future GetZone.com develops membership or registration programs, by submitting Your information in order to join or register. The information You provide is utilized by GetZone.com and its partners to fulfill the purposes listed below in sections about cookies and to provide You with the appropriate content and offers based on Your preferences;
- Email and SMS Information: GetZone.com may also send communications and offers by e-mail or text. Upon sending electronic communications, GetZone.com may collect data about whether the electronic communications were opened and which contents in the electronic communications were clicked on. Web beacons or pixel tags may be placed within the electronic communications to enable us to collect this data and determine appropriate offers to resend or send similar electronic communications. Information collected from You and other users may be aggregated anonymously to develop a summary report for GetZone.com and our partners to enhance and improve our products as needed;
- Technical Information: Including our Device IDs, Your login data, access dates and times, browser type and version, device information, cookie data, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices You use to access the Website;
- Usage Information: Including information about how You use our Website, products and services;
- Marketing and Communications Information: Including Your preferences and behavior in receiving marketing from us and our third parties;
- Third Party Information: In order to provide You with more relevant information and offers, GetZone.com and its partners and affiliates may utilize additional information provided by other companies;
- Non-Personal Information: We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data which does not directly or indirectly reveal Your identity. We use aggregate data for analyzing our website usage, for example, to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature on our website.
How Your Data Is Collected
We may collect Your transaction data, technical data and usage data when You interact with our Website. We may collect this Personal and Non-Personal Data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may receive similar data from various third parties such as analytics providers or advertising networks.
We may also receive Technical Data and Usage Data about You if You visit other websites employing our cookies or Tracking Technologies. Please see more information about this in our “Cookies and Online Activity” section below.
How We Use and Share Your Data
- Product offers: This category includes without limitation personal information and survey responses may be used by our partner companies to provide our users with free product samples, coupons, product information and other offers. This may be presented via email, postal mail, online advertising, SMS or telephone.
- Targeting Partners: This category includes without limitation Data management partners or other third parties who use Engagement, Affinity and Demographic information to align You with others in relevant groups based on common characteristics, interests and propensities in order to create anonymized marketing segments that may be shared with third parties.
- Marketing Partners: This category includes without limitation Advertisers or app developers who wish to target and/or retarget our Users with relevant advertisements on other websites who wish to communicate directly with our customers and Users through name rental or exchange.
- Acquisition Partners: This category includes without limitation Publishers and other third parties who display GetZone.com ads on their websites to help GetZone.com in attracting and acquiring new customers and users, or retargeting existing or lapsed Users, for our Websites.
- Service Providers: This category includes without limitation Optimization and attribution partners, fraud-detection services, lettershop operators, fulfillment houses and other service providers, who need access to consumer data in order to provide such services; and advertisers, product vendors and publishers, who need the data to provide You with the products and services You have ordered.
- Media Intermediaries: This category includes without limitation Buy-side advertising platforms, media vendors, brokers, agencies or other intermediaries that represent advertisers, publishers or others who may wish to match their audience against our audience to determine if they want to target offers to our Users.
- Aggregators: This category includes without limitation Data management platforms, advertisers and publishers, as well as commercial data aggregators who collect data from businesses and other sources, and coops and exchanges in which third-party advertisers and website operators pool their consumer data and make it available to other participants in the coop or exchange.
- Reporting Partners: This category includes without limitation Ad agencies, “ad tech” platforms (demand-side, supply-side and data management platforms) and similarly situated companies who report on events that occur on our Website, including advertising impressions, clicks and orders.
- Supporting Partners: This category includes without limitation Marketing advisors, consultants and other third-party industry participants who work with us on a commercial basis or provide advice or services to us to support our business.
- Email and Other Electronic Communications Offers: GetZone.com may send You product offers via electronic communication based on Your responses provided in our survey. These electronic communications are sent by GetZone.com and not our partner companies. You may unsubscribe at any point by clicking the Unsubscribe link in the electronic communication received or by following the instructions stated below under Choices and Managing Your Use of this site.
- Other Partner companies: When supplying Your contact information and survey responses, You consent to GetZone.com sharing Your information with our partner companies in order for them to send You samples, information and offers most appropriate for You. This may be presented via email, postal mail, online advertising, SMS or telephone. All of our partnerships have contractual agreements to ensure that the information they receive is handled securely.Email messages may include links to sites not affiliated with GetZone.com and have privacy practices separate from those of GetZone.com. It is recommended You review the privacy policies of any third party site You may be directed to from our email messages.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose Your personal information, as required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, a lawful request by public authority, including as necessary to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or similar legal process as stated by the appropriate authorities. We may also disclose Your personal information when we believe it necessary in connection with an investigation of fraud, property infringement, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
- Summary Reports & Analysis: Anonymous research reports are compiled with Your survey responses, email activity, or online activity combined with information from other consumers. These reports will not personally identify You. The reports are used to help improve our and our partners offers, products and services to better serve You. These reports may be provided to third parties for analysis or other purposes.
- Other matters: We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We may also disclose consumer data as required by law or to protect the safety and security of our Users.
- We assign a unique generic user ID (“UID”) to each User. UIDs are anonymized and contain no personally identifiable information. We use UIDs to track and report on Users’ engagement with our Website. UIDs may be shared with third-party advertiser to facilitate and report on a User’s engagement with advertisements or offers from such third parties.
- We share a User’s Google Advertising ID with application tracking companies so that they can track and report to us whether a User has viewed, clicked on our accepted an advertiser’s offer or downloaded an advertiser’s app.
- We may provide User contact information and data to selected third-party advertisers and publishers to present offers that are geared towards their interests directly to our Users.
- We may share Your personally identifiable information with our affiliates, our technical consultants, auditors, attorneys and other third parties who work with us to make our Website and services available.
Cookies and Online Activity
GetZone.com and its partners or third-party providers use the standard cookie feature of major browser applications, web beacons and similar items on our website for multiple reasons.
Information is collected when You visit our site, including how You use our website, device information, browser and operating system and other information to help us determine products and services appropriate for our consumers.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
- Performance cookies: We use a number of tools that monitor visitor behavior on our website to help us improve our information and services.
- Functionality cookies: Some cookies enable websites to remember choices their users make, for example, username, language or text size. These cookies are known as “functionality cookies” and help to improve a user’s experience of a website by providing a more personalized service.
- Other Cookies: Cookies may also be used to understand activity on our or other websites You are directed to through our email. These are used to help deliver appropriate ads to You while visiting other websites.
Cookies we use may include the following:
- CUSTOMER_AUTH: An indicator if you are currently logged into the getzone.com website to enable the ability to comment on posts.
- CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS: Stores the Customer Segment ID. EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE: A flag that indicates whether caching is disabled or not. FRONTEND: Your session ID on the server.
- LAST_CATEGORY: The last category you visited. LAST_PRODUCT: The most recent product you have viewed. NEWMESSAGE: Indicates whether a new message has been received. NO_CACHE: Indicates whether use of a cache is allowed.
- VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS: The pages that you have recently viewed.
Other information may be collected by GetZone.com with Your consent, or as permitted or required by law.
At any point You can modify Your browser settings to notify You when You receive a cookie. You will have the choice of whether or not to accept it. In the event You reject cookies, You may still use GetZone.com but Your usage and the convenience of the site may be limited or altered.
GetZone.com and its partners provide relevant and appropriate ads to consumers while protecting consumer privacy and providing choices about participation. Online Targeted Advertising utilizes the information obtained such as survey responses, interests, preferences and demographic information to provide consumers with relevant ads.
Personally identifiable information is not stored by cookies used by GetZone.com or our partners. Only anonymous data such as Your site behavior, browser information and Your perceived interests are collected to help deliver relevant ads. Some of this information may be collected and shared with these partners such as if an ad was viewed and selected by a consumer.
You are entitled to opt out of online targeted advertising from GetZone.com and our partners. This may be done by emailing [opt out link]. Links providing opt out opportunities are normally located around the perimeter of any offer or ad; you may click on the opt out link or icon and proceed to an opt- out or preference link. Once You have reached the opt-out or preference page You may select to from GetZone.com and our partners. GetZone.com may also use its own technologies and cookies to provide You with a customized but anonymous experience with ads tailored to Your preferences.
Actions such as clearing Your cookies, switching browsers or devices, purchasing a new device etc., will result in You opt-out preference reverting back to “on.” After any such action, You will need to opt-out again through the link provided. The opt-out cookie can only be detected and read on Your browser when present, thus alerting GetZone.com that You do not want to participate in targeted advertising.
Choices and Managing Your Use of the Site
As a User of an GetZone.com website, (or, in the future, as a member or registered user in any GetZone.com program) You have the choice to decide which programs You wish to participate in, and which offers You receive.
To discontinue receiving email offers at any time, follow the “Unsubscribe” instructions on any email sent to You by GetZone.com or unsubscribe by writing to us via email at [unsubscribe link] or via post mail address as indicated in “Contact Us” below.
To correct Your contact information You may contact us at the addresses contained in the “Contact Us” section below, or by contacting our support team at [support link], or in the event GetZone.com in the future develops membership or registration programs in the future, by logging in and updating Your profile. For all other corrections that cannot be made in this location, please contact our support team at [support link] or in writing, via the post mail address as indicated in the “Contact Us” provision below. To ensure accuracy with address corrections, please include name, old address and new address including city, state/province and postal code.
Your right to access and correct Your information is subject to legal restrictions. Steps are taken to verify Your identity before granting access or making corrections. To cancel Your account or request that we no longer use Your information to provide You services contact us at [cancellation/unsubscribe link]. In that even we will retain and use Your information only as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We will respond to Your request within a reasonable timeframe. Residents of some states have additional rights to control access to and use of their data. Please refer to Your domiciliary state and to federal law for those rights.
GetZone.com is committed to providing data security. We incorporate and strive to make certain that our partners incorporate the latest encryption and security tools to prevent loss, misuse or alteration.
Terms & Conditions
GetZone.com products and services are intended for residents of the United States who are over 18 years of age. To participate in the Tobacco Products or weapons categories, a birth date is required to establish that a User is over the legal age required in their location; i.e., at least 21 in the United States. Your submission of Your birth date is a representation to GetZone.com, its partners and affiliates, that You or any person you allow to use the site are of legal age indicated by that date.
Notice of Infringement of Copyrights: GetZone.com responds to notices of alleged infringement of copyright property rights under the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act. We work to ensure that items and content on this Site do not infringe upon the copyright, trademark, or certain other intellectual property rights of third parties. GetZone.com will terminate the accounts of repeat copyright infringers. For further information on intellectual property rights and how to report infringement, please see our Terms & Conditions here: https://www.getzone.com/terms-of-use/. If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed, you may notify GetZone.com here. [hyperlink for DMCA notice]
Californian Consumer Rights
Certain rights are provided by law to consumers in California. See Attachment 1 for a summary of these rights.
GDPR Privacy Rights
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation applies to certain individuals and affects the use and securing of certain personal data for those individuals. See Attachment 2 for a summary of these rights.
GetZone.com, PO Box 685, Lebanon, GA 30145-0685By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org