Savage Arms MSR 15 Competition Rifle
The MSR 15 Competition is fitted with an advanced, 18-inch carbon fiber wrapped stainless barrel built specifically for the rifle in a collaborative effort between Savage and PROOF Research. Its unique ported muzzle brake allows the shooter to tune recoil impulse to stabilize the muzzle for faster, more accurate follow-up shots.
The custom-length gas block can be adjusted for optimal cycling of the full range of bullet weights, as well as for use with a suppressor. The gas block has also been upgraded with an integral Picatinny rail and a custom handguard.
Related Stories: Rifle Review: Savage MSR10 Hunter 6.5 Creedmoor
Features & Benefits
• Savage by PROOF Research 18-inch carbon fiber wrapped stainless barrel
• Nickel-boron bolt carrier
• Custom-forged upper and lower receivers
• Non-reciprocating side charging handle
• Savage tunable muzzle brake
• Magpul CTR buttstock
• Two-stage trigger
• Custom-length adjustable gas system
• Rigid free-float handguard with M-LOK, anti-flare grooves and red QD sling mount
• Red ambidextrous selector, receiver end plate with QD mount, and removable custom mag well flare
• Ambidextrous magazine release
• Hogue pistol grip
Shipments of these firearms have been delivered to dealers.
Related Stories: Savage Storm .270: An Updated Classic Rifle In A Classic Caliber