From Smith & Wesson, Inc.: Adaptability is the advantage: the RESPONSE is our first MSR-style carbine with an interchangeable magwell system.
Chambered in 9MM, the Response features our new FLEXMAG™ magwell technology, allowing you to change out the magwell to fit double-stack 9MM magazines from S&W and other manufacturers. The Response will ship with an M&P magwell and a second magwell capable of receiving Glock® G17® and G19® magazines.
That’s right. It takes Glock mags.
The Response features familiar MSR-style controls and accessories compatible with many popular MSR-style stocks, triggers, grips, and charging handles. This PCC also features a 16″ 1/2×28 threaded barrel, and full-length handguard with three, six, and nine o’clock M-LOK® slot positions. Lastly, the Response features a simple & reliable blowback design with a standard MSR-style buffer & spring for minimal recoil.
“The Smith & Wesson Response is our solution for the PCC shooter that enjoys MSR platforms and prefers interfacing capabilities with various pistol magazines available in the market today. Its compatibility with the vast network of MSR aftermarket accessories allows the user to easily customize the Response to their specific preferences and needs. Smith & Wesson listened to the consumer and our goal was to deliver a completely versatile pistol caliber carbine that would be a perfect companion to your sidearm. This design is our response,” says John Myles, Smith & Wesson’s Senior Product Manager.
RELATED CONTENT: Unboxing the NEW Smith & Wesson Equalizer Subcompact 9MM
RESPONSE PISTOL CALIBER CARBINE FEATURES
- 16.5″ 1:10” twist barrel
- FLEXMAG™ magazine well adapters: interchangeable magazine well adapters that let you use a variety of magazines from Smith & Wesson and other manufacturers.
- 32 1/8″ collapsed length, 35 3/8″ extended length.
- 1/2-28 threaded muzzle with thread protector.
- Flat-face trigger with a crisp break.
- M-LOK® slots on handguard with Picatinny-style rail on top.
- (2) FLEXMAG™ magazine well adapters (1-M&P Double stack – installed, 1-G17/G19).
- Compatible with M&P® Pistol double stack magazines and G17/G19 magazines.
- The Response comes with 2 x 23-round magazines.
The S&W Response PCC has a 23-round capacity and weighs 94.4 oz with a 2.75″ width and 8″ height and an impressive MSRP of $799!
To learn more about the new Smith and Wesson Response 9 mm Pistol Caliber Carbine, visit smith-wesson.com
RELATED CONTENT: The ALL-NEW Smith & Wesson M&P 5.7 Handgun!
INTERESTED IN MORE NEWS? Stag Arms Announces New Line of Pursuit Bolt Action Rifles