Exotac nanoSTRIKER XL Fire Starter is an excellent tool for your fire kit. It makes adding fire starting to your EDC easy.
Sacrificing neither form nor function, the unique, all-in-one design of this fire starter puts all the tools you need to start a fire into one tiny package. At the end of the day, this little tool can be collapsed and returned to key-chain ballast duty.
Related Videos: Sootch00 Survival: EXOTAC fireROD Fire Starter Review
The striker handle is 46% bigger, making it easier to grip. The XL version also sports a 33% larger ferrocerium rod, which improves the durability and lifespan of the rod even beyond that of the original nanoSTRIKER’s.
nanoSTRIKER XL FEATURES:
- Burns at nearly 5500°F (3000°C)
- 1/4″ waterproof ferrocerium & magnesium rod
- Ferrocerium rod works when wet
- Lightweight anodized aluminum body
- Ultra-sharp tungsten carbide striking tool
- More than 3000 fire-starting strikes per rod
- Replaceable ferrocerium rod
- Made in the USA
Related Videos: Sootch Survival: Aquamira Frontier Pro Water Filter Straw
Fire Starter User Tip:
The rod has a protective coating from the factory, remove with a few scrapes of the striking tool before striking. When striking, use moderate pressure and high speed when scraping rod.