Umarex USA, one of the premier airsoft companies in the country, offers a wide range of airgun rifles. Their small-bore pellet rifles are ideal for small game hunting and .25 caliber air rifles are great for mid-size game. If you’re looking to harvest a trophy whitetail or take down a wild boar, there’s the Umarex Hammer .50 cal. Of course, they also have BB gun rifles, great for plinking in the backyard (where permitted). Umarex also manufactures paintball rifles, rubber ball training rifles, and dust ball rifles found under their T4E line of law enforcement and police training platforms!
Zeke Stout, the former host of Discovery Channel’s Master of Arms Partner/Chief Marketing Officer MGS Trade school and the Projectile Dysfunction podcast, paired up with Umarex to get his hands on a few of their premo air rifles at the IV8888 Range Day event.
Let’s see what he thought of them!
UMAREX AIRSABER ELITE X2
Umarex USA is setting the pace once again with an industry-first double-barrel air archery gun, the AirSaber Elite X2 double-barrel air archery gun is powered by air– 4,000 psi of it. Equipped with a 240 cc onboard tank, the AirSaber Elite X2 will send 25 shots from its barrels at big-game lethal velocity.
The first five shots will all launch above 450 FPS and 130 ft-lbs of energy. Accessing the second shot simply requires the press of a push-through barrel selector and an optic of your choice can easily be secured to the Picatinny rail section on the receiver. Additionally, the forend on the Airsaber Elite has three rail sections to assist in mounting quivers, bi-pods, or other accessories.
- Double Barrel Arrow Performance
- 4,000 PSI Fill Pressure
- 450+ FPS with 376 Grain Arrow
- 135+ Ft-Lbs Energy
- 240 CC Tank
- Picatinny Scope Rail
- Side Cocking Lever
- 14.5″ Length of Pull
- Thumb Barrel Switch
- Green All-Weather Polymer Stock
- (3) Picatinny Rail Sections on Forend
- Easy to Read Manometer on Bottom of Forend
- Fill Probe Included
- MSRP: $499.99
Included in the box: The AirSaber Elite X2, 3 AirSaber Arrows with 100-grain field tips, one fill probe, and the owner’s manual.
UMAREX HAMMER .50 CALIBER BIG BORE PCP HUNTING RIFLE
This airgun is incredible! Umarex didn’t alter the laws of physics, they just took advantage of them when they designed the Hammer. This air rifle’s primary objective is to accelerate a greater mass faster through a mix of technology, ingenuity, innovation, and its big .510 caliber barrel. The Hammer is able to push a 550-grain slug to 760 FPS and generate 705 ft-lbs of energy at the muzzle.
Unlike a traditional firearm, the Umarex Hammer .50 Cal doesn’t generate a comparable report or recoil signature. In fact, big game hunters don’t need to wear hearing protection when they take a shot with the Umarex Hammer. Additionally, the recoil of this big-bore air rifle can best be described as a firm push, not a sharp kick of a traditional rifle.
The Umarex Hammer .50 Cal has a 2-round magazine that holds 2 solid lead 350-grain cartridges which are shot out at a whopping 875 FPS and 595 Foot Pounds of Energy (FPE). It has a carbon fiber tank that can be pumped up to 4000 PSI.
Additionally, the Hammer’s sound is similar to a suppressed .22 – which is remarkably quiet, considering it shoots a .50 cal round! The ergonomics and handling of this weapon are excellent, making it easy for anyone to shoot – unlike the industry-standard .50 Cal.
- The rifle that generates big game power without powder
- .50 caliber big game hunting air rifle
- Precharged Pneumatic (PCP) operates with high-pressure air
- Optimal operating fill pressure = 4,500 psi
- Each shot regulated to 3,000 psi
- 3 full power shots + 4th shot at nearly 90% power from one fill of air cylinder
- 24 cubic inch non-removable carbon fiber tank
- 2-round chamber magazine (includes 2)
- Removable magazine means Hammer can be unloaded
- 3 mechanical safety devices
- Straight pull speed-bolt with 8 lbs cocking effort
- 2.5-lb trigger weight
- Built-in manometer (pressure gauge)
- Picatinny riflescope rail
- PolyOne designed and U.S.-manufactured stock
- AR Magpul-style grip
- Integrated rear sling stud
- 3 slots in the forearm grip to accept M-LOK attachments
- Quick Disconnect Foster fitting for easy air-fill connection
- 43.75-inch overall length
- 8.5 pound overall weight unloaded without scope
- 29.5-inch barrel length with full-length composite shroud
- 1:24 twist rifled German-made barrel made by Walther
- Ability to easily degas (remove all air)
- Designed, engineered, assembled, and tested in the USA
- MSRP: $949.99
Both the Hammer .50 Caliber Big Bore PCP Hunting Rifle and the Airsaber Elite X2 are elegant in design, comfortable in your grip, and powerful in the field. If you haven’t discovered all that UX Umarex has to offer, head over and check out their complete line-up NOW!
RELATED CONTENT: Umarex Primal 20 Big Bore PCP Air Rifle