What’s Hot in Shooting: Ruger PC Carbine Chassis Model
One of my favorite things as a shooter is an innovative new product that utilizes familiar features, just like this PC Carbine from Ruger. This particular firearm is chambered in 9mm, and one of the great features that they put into this firearm is the ability to use the same pistol magazine that you would use in the Security-9 or in the PC Charger. You can also change out your mag well and it gives you the ability to utilize all of your Glock magazines that you might already have laying around.
Moving on down this firearm, the handguard is made of machined aluminum and it gives you the ability to use any M lock accessory – so if you wanted to add a hand stop, or any kind of grip, it’s already set up and ready to go. The barrel is threaded straight from the factory so if you’re gonna integrate a suppressor into this you’re ready to do that. It also has a fluted barrel they help with heat dissipation. There’s a picatinny rail on the upper receiver so you’re able to add any size or other accessory that you might want to use. The PC Carbine comes with an adjustable stock which is modular as well so you’re able to easily change out and customize this to how you see fit. The charging handle is reversible, so if you’re a left handed shooter than this is a perfect gun for you. Another great feature is that you can also change which side your mag release is on for whichever you prefer.
Ruger has also made this firearm incredibly simple to break down. You have to lock your bolt back. Find the lever, pull it up, twist, remove and just like that, it’s broken down. You can also remove the buttstock as well as change barrels around – which is a great idea that Ruger is put into this gun.
The Ruger PC Carbine: practical and versatile. Built to excel in a variety of roles, from plinking or competitions, to home or personal defense.
Ruger PC Carbine Features & Specs:
- Interchangeable magazine wells for use of common Ruger® and Glock® magazines. Ships with Ruger® magazine well installed and an additional magazine well accepting Glock® magazines is included*. Ruger American® Pistol magazine wells are available at ShopRuger.com.
- Easy takedown of the PC Carbine enables quick separation of the barrel/forend assembly from the action for ease of transportation and storage. Takedown is as simple as locking the bolt back and verifying that the rifle is unloaded, pushing a recessed lever, twisting the subassemblies and pulling them apart.
- Dead blow action features a custom tungsten dead blow weight that shortens bolt travel and reduces felt recoil and muzzle rise. Bolt is machined from heat treated, chrome-moly steel to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability.
- Reversible magazine release and reversible charging handle to support left- or right-handed use or one-handed control manipulation while maintaining a proper firing grip*.
- Cold hammer-forged, chrome-moly steel barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy and longevity. The heavy contour barrel provides consistent accuracy, while barrel fluting sheds unnecessary weight and allows for quick handling.
- Threaded barrel with included thread protector allows for use of standard muzzle accessories.
- The PC Carbine boasts a light, crisp trigger pull with minimal overtravel and positive reset utilizing proven 10/22® trigger components.
- CNC-machined from an aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum billet, the receiver includes an integrated Picatinny-style† rail and is Type III hard-coat anodized for maximum durability.
- Also includes: one, SR-Series™ or Security-9® pistol magazine and hex wrenches for adjustment and charging handle removal.
Related Videos: What’s Hot In Shooting: Ruger-57 Centerfire Pistol
Related Videos: What’s Hot in Shooting: Ruger PC Charger
Related Videos: What’s Hot in Shooting: Ruger Security-9