Sootch00 Top 5 Handguns of 2020
Sootch00’s Top 5 Handguns of 2020! Here are the Top 5 Handguns that I reviewed during 2020. Even though it has been a crazy time for gun owners, there were a number of great handguns that we took a look at. If you have a handgun that really “tripped your trigger” this year, please leave it in the comments below.
5. Arex Delta – represents a definitive evolutionary step in modern handgun design and manufacturing. The Arex Delta has achieved improvements over some of the most popular designs, eliminating their weaknesses and enhancing their advantages by applying expertise and state-of-the-art cad/cam processes. The result is a best-in-class defensive pistol that boasts extreme reliability and accuracy along with a competitive price.
- Caliber: 9x19mm, 380ACP
- Length: 180mm, 7.0″
- Height: 128mm, 5.0″
- Width: 30mm, 1.18″
- Barrel lenght: 102mm, 4.0″
- Weight: 628g, 22.2 oz
4. GLOCK G43x MOS (Sootch00’s current concealed carry) – Chambered in 9mm Luger the G43X features a compact Slimline frame with a black slide with an nDLC finish. The 10-round magazine capacity makes it ideal for concealed carry. Designed for comfort, The G43X combines a compact-size grip length, a built-in beaver tail and a subcompact-slim slide for a comfortably balanced, versatile grip that´s ideal for a variety of users. The frame incorporates elements of the Gen5 and Slimline series such as the short trigger distance, a frame with a built-in beavertail, a reversible magazine catch and the incredibly accurate, match-grade GLOCK Marksman Barrel (GMB) and precision-milled front serrations.
Related Videos: Sootch00 Review: Glock G43x – Is The G43 Obsolete?
3. Volquartsen Black Mamba – The Black Mamba combines features from the Scorpion 22 LR Target Pistol along with the push button takedown functionality of the Ruger MK IV platform. It all starts with our LLV Competition Upper. Available in a 4.5” or 6” barrel length, it features a stainless steel barrel (with stainless steel breech) housed in an aluminum shroud. This design provides match grade accuracy in a lightweight package. Integral Picatinny rail on top and bottom is standard. Three colors to choose from: black, FDE, and OD green. Each Black Mamba features a threaded muzzle with the single-port comp installed.
2. Springfield Armory Ronin 10mm – The Ronin 1911 provides shooters with a pistol that combines classic styling with modern features, the result of thoroughly modern precision manufacturing mixed with a traditional approach to quality and performance. Configured as a full-size 5″ gun, the 8+1 Ronin in 10mm features a forged steel slide and frame as well as a hammer-forged barrel for unparalleled durability and strength — ideal for a pistol harnessing the impressive power of the ever-popular 10mm cartridge.
Related Videos: Springfield Armory 1911 Ronin 10mm Pistol: Sootch00 Review
1. ZEV O.Z-9 –
- The O.Z-9 was designed and created for balance. It’s one of the first things you notice when holding this pistol. Balance equates to what every shooter is looking for a more controllable pistol with less felt recoil, less muzzle flip and faster, more accurate follow-up shots
- At the heart of the O.Z-9 is our pat. pending Steel Receiver. This solid steel frame runs the length of the entire pistol allowing the locking block to be fully integrated. The extended rails in the steel receiver help provide more than double the surface area of contact to the slide. Additional benefits include channels that clear out debris while also acting as lubricating reservoirs for high friction areas.
- Having a singular component for the slide to travel along minimizes vibration and recoil energy by dispersing it along the receiver through the custom grip. A single take-down pin conveniently located at the front of the trigger guard locks the removable grip to the steel receiver.
- By design, the trigger is housed in the steel receiver allowing for future grip upgrades without completely breaking down the pistol. Our improved grips have steeper angles, and forward hand position keeping the muzzle down, and pointing straighter